WICE Community –
We are co-hosting an evening event with BE-Ex WISE in NYC on Thursday, September 6. Attendees will have the opportunity to attend mini-sessions on specific themes, such as demand response, batteries, and blockchain. Refreshments and light hors d’oeuvres will be provided and discounted tickets are available to WICE members, including those covered by an organizational membership. For more details and to sign up, please visit the Eventbrite page here.
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our Spring Conference at the Glen Sanders Mansion in June! We were thrilled to bring everyone together for a full and fun day of learning, connecting and inspiring each other. Robyn Hatcher, who led the dynamic “Art of Self-Promotion” session at the conference, has written an article for WICE on Imposter Syndrome, which you can find on our blog. And we received such good feedback from our tour of the netZero Village on the eve of the conference that we are planning more tours in the months ahead. WICE thanks our excellent Spring 2018 Conference Chair, Poornima Eber, and Planning Committee for organizing the events. Please check out our website for a blog post about the conference, which includes pictures, presentations and more information about our program and tour. Also, if you are interesting in helping us plan our Fall 2018 Conference, please reach out to our Fall Conference Chair, Carley Hume, at Carley.Hume@nypa.gov so you can be included in our planning calls.
For those of you who were unable to join us in June, we would also like to share a key announcement from the conference with our wider community. Tabitha Robinson, who adeptly led WICE for several years, has transitioned to a new role as Chair of the WICE Board and Jalila Aissi, who most recently served as WICE Secretary, has stepped into the role of WICE President. The WICE Board expresses its deep gratitude to Tabitha and looks forward to working closely with Jalila to bring you another wonderful year with WICE.
Please note that the Albany lunch club is taking a break this month, because of vacation schedules, but we will be back in September. We will be in touch again soon with details about our events planned in September.
Also, please remember to keep in touch by creating your WICE membership profile. You can receive all of our updates for free (without a paid membership) and individuals whose organizations are members can sign up to receive all of our member benefits by following the instructions below:
- Go to the WICE website
- Click the Membership tab
- Press the “Join Now” button
- When you arrive on the Member Planet page, input your information to create and account
- Fill out as much of the profile as you like, making sure you provide your company name, position, and region
- Select your level of membership
- WICE Individual – Covered by Corporate: If you are an employee of Burns McDonnell, Con Edison (including O&R), National Grid, NYISO, NYDPS, NYPA, NYSEG, or RGE, this is the level you select
- WICE Individual Membership ($60): If your organization is not a member, but you’d like to receive the benefits of being a WICE member, you can select this level and it will direct you to a page where you can submit your credit card information to pay the $60 annual membership fee.
- WICE Mailing List:If you’re not ready to be a WICE member, but want to be sure you’re receiving our communications, you can select this level at no cost
Hope to see you soon!
WICE Leadership Team