Operations Specialist Suffern, NY
Your Opportunity: The Operations Support Specialist will function as an expert in matters related to various account, system, enrollment, billing and other field operations activities.
Is Just Energy Group the place for you? Just Energy Group is a leader in the energy sector offering green energy, retail and commercial energy, and home services solutions. Our brands include Amigo Energy, Commerce Energy, Hudson Energy, Hudson Energy Solar, Just Energy, Momentis, National Home Services, Tara Energy, and Terra Grain Fuels. We are expanding in US, Canada, and the UK. We value integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence.
Energy, Opportunity, and Growth are core to your way of being and are essential to succeed with us.
- You have the Energy to commit to going ‘above and beyond’ on everything you do, it is not the exception. You create success and deliver exceptional results. You expect that hard work is required to do great things.
- You seek Opportunity. You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to our collective success.
- Your Growth is about what you and your team accomplish together, and is limited only by your energy and the opportunity you seek. You thrive on diversity in your work, on learning, and helping others learn as well. You effectively manage multiple tasks or projects on time, and you help your team to do the same.
Your key accountabilities:
- Critically evaluate information, reports, errors and exceptions to identify and resolve account issues.
- Performs root cause analysis to pro-actively communicate and collaborate with key business partners to drive operational excellence
- Researches, compiles and updates information in various systems, including CSIS, GBASS, ECPOWER, spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Manages relationship with various departments, CS, IT and vendors to help resolve any issue at hand
- Manages request received via issue trackers to meet all targets as detailed in performance expectations.
- Responds to request by CSRs or utility in a timely manner (24 hours)
- Researches and resolves critical issues, escalated customer questions, concerns, difficulties, inquiries and/or problems. Set appropriate expectations; provide follow through with timely and accurate responses.
- Prepares and responds to data requests, ad-hoc reports, compliance requirements, and other business needs
- Strong familiarity with EDI transactions (867, 810, 814 820).
- Responsible for making monitoring any failed transactions are addressed
- Responsible for ensuring Payment journals are up to date and applied in our GBASS system
- Responsible for processing reimbursement request from Customer Service Manage and ensure the cheques are mailed out and applied to CTL in GBASS
Your background includes:
- 1-3 years Energy industry experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent experience in a related field or industry.
- Possess strong MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or tasks with defined deadlines and deliver results and ability to work in a self-managed environment that can may be high pressured and changing to meet the business needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and ownership.